In August 2018 CCTV was installed along the rank of shops at Cleeve Wood Road in Downend, Bristol. The CCTV installation was funded by the Cleeve Wood Road Shops Regeneration Group (and through a 25% donation from the local parish council) . The CCTV installed is in addition to any CCTV also installed by the specific businesses within the rank. Below is more information about the CCTV.
Aim: The aim of the CCTV is to aide with crime prevention and public safety. The cameras are intended to make the area around Cleeve Wood Road shops more safe and secure by offering CCTV recording.
General Information: CCTV recording is in use within Cleeve Wood Road Shops, Cleeve Wood Road, Downend, Bristol, BS16 2SF. The CCTV is compliant with GDPR legislature. Below is the process and details of the information gathered by the system.
- The CCTV system has seven cameras installed in Cleeve Wood Road, Downend, Bristol, BS16 2SF. The cameras are managed by Cleeve Wood Road Shops Committee.
- There is signage available in public areas informing the public of the CCTV system. These signs are positioned around the rank of shops.
- The CCTV is securely installed and any video footage is only available to the managers of the CCTV (named above). Nobody beyond those named above are permitted to view or access any CCTV footage.
- The CCTV system is password protected, in addition to other security measures, so that only the managers of the CCTV (named above) may access it.
- Any requests for information about the CCTV should be sent by e-mail to . The request must contain applicants full name, full address, date and time of the footage requested along with a detailed reason for the application. Specific timings must be provided. An administration fee of £15 is due upon application for any members of the general public (non-business).
- Further proof of identity may be required to process the application (for security verification purposes). Any requests are kept on file in compliance with GDPR rulings. Footage will be made available within 14 days.
- CCTV footage will be kept on file for up to thirty (30) days, however footage may be wiped before this time as part of the CCTV systems automated storage process. We cannot guarantee availability of any footage.
- Any recorded footage will only feature video and no audio.